Dear all members of EASTS:
This is an announcement of symposium on Mobility on Demand in Southeast Asia, which is held in a hybrid style from 1:00-5:30pm (Thailand Standard Time) on July 9 (Saturday), 2022.
This symposium aims to exchange the information about the latest practices and opinions regarding RHA in Southeast Asian countries based on the achievements from an EASTS’s IRG study and a research project supported by Kajima Foundation’s International Joint Research Grant.
Detailed information is shown below. Anyone who is interested in this topic is warmly invited to join this event for free. Please make a registration for your participation at https://forms.gle/a5hGgfK9TGKT9Qmo9.
Hironori Kato (The University of Tokyo), Saksith Chalermpong (Chulalongkorn University), and Phathinan Thaithatkul (Chulalongkorn University)
Symposium on Mobility on Demand in Southeast Asia
– Title: “Mobility on demand in Southeast Asia: State-of-the-art Findings and Transport Policy”
– Objective: This symposium aims to exchange the information about latest practices and opinions regarding RHA in Southeast Asian countries.
– Schedule: 13:00-17:30 (Thai time) on July 9 (Saturday), 2022
– Style: Hybrid webinar (Onsite meeting in Bangkok + Online)
– Main organizers: The University of Tokyo and Chulalongkorn University
– Sponsors: The Kajima Foundation and Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS)
– Language: English only
– Participation: You can join this event for free of charge. Please make a registration for participation at https://forms.gle/a5hGgfK9TGKT9Qmo9
– Contact: If you have some questions about this event, please contact Prof. Hironori Kato (The University of Tokyo, email@example.com).
– Agenda (Tentative)
1. Introduction (Prof. Hironori Kato, The University of Tokyo)
2. Greetings from Supporters
– Kajima Foundation (Mr. Hiroyoshi Koizumi)
– Secretary General of EASTS (Prof. Tetsuro Hyodo, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology)
– Director of Transportation Institute of Chulalongkorn University (Prof. Manoj Lohatepanont)
3. Session 1: Guest Talks
– Invited presentation 1 (Dr. Zia Wadud, University of Leeds)
– Invited presentation 2 (Mr. Kengo Nishimura, Uber Japan)
– Invited presentation 3 (Department of Land Transport, Thailand)
4. Session 2: Case reports from SEA countries
– Overview of RHA in SEA (Dr. Saksith Chalermpong, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
– Findings from Manila (Prof. Alexis Fillone, De La Salle University, The Philippines)
– Findings from Hanoi (Dr. Nguyen Hoang Tung, University of Transport and Communications-Hanoi, Vietnam)
– Findings from Jogjakarta (Dr. Muhammad Zudhy Irawan, Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia)
– Findings from Bangkok (Dr. Phathinan Thaithatkul, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
– Findings from Phnom Penh (Dr. Vengkheang Phun, Institute of Technology of Cambodia, Cambodia)
– Findings from Kuala Lumpur (Dr. Masria Mustafa, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia)
5. Session 3: Panel Discussion
– Moderator: Dr. Peraphan Jittrapirom (Radboud University)
– Panelists: Case presenters
“How can we integrate RHA into urban transportation system: Innovation or regulation?”
6. Closing remark (Prof. Hironori Kato, The University of Tokyo)