We are happy to announce that registration for the 14th International Conference of Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS) is now open. Please visit https://easts.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/conference-registration/ for more information and link to the registration page.
EASTS2021 will be held as an onsite-online hybrid conference from 12-15 September 2021. You can also confirm the latest COVID-19 related information for Hiroshima at our website (https://easts.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/). The Conference Committee will ensure the effective interaction between online participants (participants who are not at the venue) and on-site participants (participants who can come to the venue).
Conference policies due to COVID-19 (subject to change, depending on the COVID-19 situation):
(1) At this moment, we plan to organize each session type as follows:
– Onsite-online hybrid sessions: opening ceremony, closing ceremony, plenary sessions, special sessions
– Online sessions: all technical sessions
(2) All technical sessions will be oral sessions which consist of the presentation using pre-recorded slides and real-time Q&A. Thus, those who originally chose a poster session will be kindly asked to present in an oral session. The details of creating pre-recorded slides will be notified later.
(3) Papers are eligible for paper awards and publications in ATS or EASTS journals only if they make a presentation at the conference and at least one of the authors are registered.
(4) Please inform us the ID number(s) of the paper(s) that you are co-authored with while making a registration.
(5) The pre-recorded slide presentation will be 12 minutes long, followed by a 6 minutes real-time Q&A.
We are looking forward to seeing you online or in Hiroshima in September!
Akimasa Fujiwara, Hiroshima University (chair)