1. What is OPA?
Since 2007 Conference, the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS) established the Outstanding Presentation Award in the biannual Conference. The purpose of this award is to stimulate and encourage YOUNGER professionals/researchers participating at EASTS conference affairs, and upgrade their presentation skills, at large, it may improve the general presentation qualities of the EASTS conferences.
2. Qualification and Selection Procedures
- To be qualified as the best presenters, the candidate must present his/her paper at the EASTS conference in either oral or poster forms.
- The candidates intending to be considered as awardees for the best presenter status should check the designated check-box(es) at paper submitting stage.
- In the case, a qualified candidate is presenting papers in multi sessions or presents more than one papers in a single session, he/she may receive ONLY one awards.
(b) Selection Procedures
- For oral presentations, the session chairs may note down the assessment in the table supplied.
- For posters, the sub-committee members should conduct on spot assessments on qualities and fill in the scores in table supplied.
- Sub-committee selects the awardees based on the assessment scores.
(c) Evaluation Items
Oral Presentation Award
- Structure and organization (Presentation outline and logic of argument)
- Confidence (Based on body language and eye contact)
- Effective delivery (The use of visual aids, figures and tables)
- Timing (Too long or too short)
- Questions&Answers (The manner in answering questions and understanding)
Poster Presentation Award
- Preparation/Effective delivery (With well prepared materials? The use of colours, figures and tables)
- Structure/Organization(Presentation outline and logical flow)
- Questions & Answers(The manner in answering questions and understanding)
- Six (6) best oral presentations.
- Three (3) best posters.
*Award certificates are presented to the best presenters at closing ceremony in the Conference.