About EASTS 2019 Conference, we, EASTS secretariat, have discussed since April 22.
As a result of discussion, we decided to make announcements as shown below.
- Preparation for EASTS 2019 in Sri Lanka started from 2017 and we consider the efforts of SLSTL (Sri Lanka Society for Transport & Logistics) over last two years should not be made in vain. EASTS should support one another when facing difficult situation.
- The status in Sri Lanka is improving and some countries are relaxing their travel restrictions to Sri Lanka.
- Considering the above, EASTS secretariat office does consider neither the cancellation of EASTS 2019 in Sri Lanka nor changing the venue as an alternative at the current stage.
- Early bird registration was begun already and deadline is extended to 9th July, 2019 (both of Reviewed Papers and Non-reviewed Papers).
- However, given that some countries still have safety concerns regarding traveling at present, we are examining possible considerations with special attention, for example, treating the qualification of paper presentation in case that authors will not able to attend the conference due to the country policy. We will make a further announcement if it needs to consider the other options depending on the status in Sri Lanka.
It is no doubt that EASTS takes top priority to the safety and security of all the members. In the line of this basic policy, EASTS secretariat has discussed very frequently, collected information, and repeated discussions together with board members.
We hope your understanding and your cooperation.
Secretary General, EASTS
If you have any questions about conference, please contact to: